I find myself in the middle of August filled with stress and joy. For the past year I have been working toward a set of pretty lofty goals. Some set by me. Some I was told I have to have.
Last July I set out to make the most of of this little venture just to see if it could become what I want it to be. My hope is to make it a thriving business. A business that sells both on the internet as well as in B&M stores. So I took my line of hand dyed yarns and made the following goals.
1. create a Facebook fan page for business get a million followers. (currently a little short…. 211 followers) www.facebook.com/eweandmeyarns
2. blog (done and done, give me a break. I am learning as I go) eweandmeyarns.wordpress.com
3. make the most fab yarns with the best colors. (have 35 color ways to date and still growing) eweandmeyarns.etsy.com
4. get own site started. (one of my favorite completed goals) eweandmeyarns.com
5. try not to drive everyone in my life crazy. (this is where I fail. Just remember I love you)
It has been a big year and I have gotten a lot started. And even though it is time to look and see how far it has come in one year and be proud of the success…. It is also time to set more goals. It is time to dream and dream big.
So….here are the new goals, dreams, plans, etc.
Coming in the next few weeks will be a kickstarter event to get this business to the next level. Look for all the info in Septembers blog post titled Kickstarter.
The shop will see an introduction of new yarn weights and textures as well as a completion of color way lines to include all weights in existing color ways.
Over the next year will be an addition of 20 new color ways to both the etsy shop and website. Some of these color ways have been in retirement and some are brand new creations.
There will also be an effort to get my line of yarns into B&M stores around the country. That is what the kickstarted monies will be for. I need line sheets and catalogues as well as a PR director to get that dream off the ground I also need a much bigger inventory on hand. Yep, we are going big big big.
I have all of my customers and family to thank for the success of the yarn and fiber shop. You all mean the world to me and I will never be able to thank you for all that you have done. So here is to big dreams and lofty goals and the success that hard work brings. Thank you everyone. I hope we all obtain out goals in the next year. Good luck.